A part of that plan of course is to induce the gradual surrender of American sovereignty, piece by piece, and step by step to various international organizations, of which the United Nations is the outstanding, but far from the only example.
The regime plans for the United States of America;
1. Greatly expanded government spending by every conceivable means of getting rid of ever larger sums of American money as wastefully as possible.
2. Higher and then much higher taxes.
3. An increasingly unbalanced budget despite the higher taxes.
4. Wild inflation of our currency.
5. Government controls of prices, wages, and materials, supposedly to combat inflation.
6. Greatly increased socialistic controls of every operation of our economy, and every activity of our daily lives. This is to be accompanied naturally and automatically by a correspondingly huge increase in the size of our bureaucracy and in both the cost and reach of our domestic government.
7. Far more centralization of power in Washington, and the practical elimination of our state lines. There is a many faceted drive at work to have our state lines to eventually mean no more within the nation than our county lines do now within the states.
8. The steady advance of federal aid to and control over our educational system leading to complete federalization of our public education.
9. A constant hammering into the American consciousness of the horror of modern warfare. The beauties and the absolute necessity of peace. Peace always on Communist terms of course.
10. The consequent willingness of the American people to allow the steps of appeasement by our government which amount to a peace-meal surrender of the rest of the free world and of the United States itself.
Robert Welch 1958